Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Not my impact, but His

So I was reading yesterday...... "BE ALL YOU CAN BE" by John Maxwell. And in it there's a blurb about a missionary who was going to a place that had a history of unsuccessful results. And the guide who was leaving the missionary at his location said, "So, you really think you can make an impact on these people?" And he responded, "No, I think God can."

I didn't think much about it until this morning. I was once again face to face with a frustrating relationship. I've had some frustrating relationships in my life. Things that haven't changed, things that I keep wondering ' Is this ever going to change'?

And then the thought came to me........so, you really think you can make an impact on these people?

And I truly realized: no. But God can.

I need to let God work through me to do what He wants to do on His mission field, in His way, in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment